Here at fortice we have a fantastic opportunity where you will be helping organisations across the sector to answer their important questions: How much does it cost? How good is it, when can we have it? What are the wider implications? You will receive ‘on-the-job’ training, support and coaching to problem solve in a multitude of ways: understanding the scope of research technology, estimating costs of complex systems, developing analysis tools and techniques, and providing advice and support to our customers. There is no ‘average’ day , you could be spending the day at the office undertaking detailed data analysis or working at a customer’s site building relationships with high-ranking military and civil customers. You will contribute to the planning, management and delivery of contracts that typically range from one month to a year. You will be highly mobile, able to travel between customer sites (the majority of which are within the southwest) and able to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
Your Experience and Knowledge:
Able to demonstrate relevant ability to:
• Plan, manage and undertake end-to-end technical studies / tasks
• Adopt a proactive approach to identifying what needs to be done
• Develop tools, techniques or processes
And track record in:
• Writing technical reports
• Using MS Excel; familiarity and confidence in using spreadsheets to create basic to complex models
• A track record of effective liaison with clients and stakeholders
The following would be an advantage:
• Involvement in Defence research, logistics, maritime or manufacturing
• Understanding of MOD policies and procedures for Cost Estimation and Modelling, and associated supporting documentation (JSP 507, JSP 655, AQUA book, Green Book)
• Portfolio, programme and project management (benefits realisation, evidence management etc).
• Ability to develop life cycle cost/schedule/risk estimates for future acquisitions
• Ability to undertake data identification, collection and normalisation
• Ability to present and communicate analytical information including data visualisation
• Ability to generate either cost estimates, scopes or impacts for new equipments or systems.
Training and Mentoring:
You will receive ‘on-the-job’ training, support and coaching. This could include qualifications around Risk Analysis, Schedule Analysis, Project or Programme Management. You will be actively encouraged to obtain professional membership accreditation and will be supported in your ongoing professional development.
On applying, you can expect a two-stage process via Teams with the hiring manager, which lasts between 30-45 minutes. 2nd stage is a visit to their office to meet the Team.
• 25 day holiday entitlement, Professional Institute Annual Fees
• Post probation: Generous pension scheme, health and life insurance
Equality and Inclusion:
Fortice are committed to creating diverse and inclusive teams. Studies show that certain members of society, such as women, people of colour and individuals within the LGBTQIA+ community are less likely to apply to a role if they do not feel they fit 100% of the criteria.
Fortice strongly encourage people of all identities and communities to apply to the roles we advertise, it may well be that you could be more suited to a different opportunity.
Regardless of background, race, religious beliefs or sexual orientation, fortice exist to enable good people, to do better work with greater outcomes.