Fortice are working closely with the founders of a tech scale-up looking to build out their DevSecOps engineering team.
As part of the DevSecOps engineering team, our DevSecOps Lead will combine their technical excellence and drive, to deliver and coach our engineers to achieve the best outcomes for our clients, whilst establishing strong engineering cultures throughout. This role is very reactive and varied, meaning it can be very hands-on and other times you will play more of a technical architect role in one or more teams while managing the team’s delivery.
- Work closely with the Head of DevSecOps to design and deliver the technical vision and solutions for the business, collaborating with all key stakeholders.
- Lead an Agile team using extensive knowledge, experience, and ingenuity to ensure the team is providing clients with robust, reliable solutions and products.
- Work closely with clients and end users to understand their requirements, being pivotal in product refinement and producing solutions that meet their needs.
- Innovate and direct the team and consistently challenge existing prototypes to allow the team to deliver better services/solutions. Confidently design and create customised solutions to support the innovation.
- Support the Head of DevSecOps to produce technical design work where required for the new business pipeline and existing clients, completing the troubleshooting process, and executing in a solution-driven, pragmatic way.
- Accountability for building a bespoke software solution for the client’s complex challenges and contribute to societal change.
- Demonstrate the ability to look beyond the code and, address wider challenges around technical architecture, team design and where possible driving innovation and change solutions and alternative services.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Project Managers and our Product Delivery Manager, to adapt software solutions and use open standards, and work cleanly via a rich API.
- Work in an agile and fast-paced manner, being constructive, effective, and insightful with the wider stakeholder group.
- Show passion and desire to work in an environment of continual improvement and change and strive for ever higher performance within this role and the team.
- Report on the engineering pipeline and requirements, ensuring the Head of DevSecOps is kept materially up to date with any developments regarding correct resourcing levels.
- Strong technical competencies with a deep understanding of software technologies, such as Kubernetes, Docker, RESTful interfaces, CI & CD), Git, and AWS.
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies and experience applying them.
- Experience within an architecture or technical lead role (comfortable with complex technical issues)
- Good working knowledge of infrastructures, cloud software solutions and architecture
You will be working on an interesting range of projects that deliver into Central Government customers and as such, you will need to be eligible for a high level of UK Security Vetting.
The business offers a genuine level of autonomy and flexibility, including full remote working (there is no office) and, the ability to manage you own hours, core hours are 10am-2pm – the other hours you work are up to you. 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and a generous Maternity/Paternity policy.
On applying, you can expect a two-stage process which is typically completed in two weeks. You will first have a virtual meeting with the Head of Engineering. This will be a refreshingly open discussion around the company and their journey so far as well as a change to speak more openly about you and what you enjoy doing.
Following this, a final stage 60 min video call or face-to-face will be arranged where you can expect to delve further into your background and technical skill-set as well scoping out what a potential role would look like.
Equality and Inclusion:
Fortice are committed to creating diverse and inclusive teams. Studies show that certain members of society, such as women, people of colour and individuals within the LGBTQIA+ community are less likely to apply to a role if they do not feel they fit 100% of the criteria.
Fortice strongly encourage people of all identities and communities to apply to the roles we advertise, it may well be that you could be more suited to a different opportunity.
Regardless of background, race, religious beliefs or sexual orientation, fortice exist to enable good people, to do better work with greater outcomes.